Thursday, March 4, 2010

Deathstar

I'll get back to the tactica in a bit, but for now I wanted to go ahead and do this, seeing as I just read about one.




Death stars are just balls of death and destruction that roll across the table, and the best part off them are that well, they mulch stuff like no tomorrow. Every army has their own build for one, and I mean every one of them.

The worst part about one though is that it is normally has a pretty high cost and has at least one drawback. An ideal deathstar would be one that didn't take too many points to build and would kill more that it costed.

Alright for my setup:

Lysander
Terminator Assault Squad
-4 Lightning Claws, 3 Thunder hammer/Storm shield
Land Raider Crusader
-PMSB, Multi-Melta, Extra Armor
Total:  765

Yeah 765 points, lots of killing power for both infantry, tanks, and/or monstrous creatures. I don't put the chaplain in for one main reason. Lysander, he is my personal favorite marine character in the codex right now. After seeing him lay the smackdown on a freaking wraithlord I was set, as well as making the rest of the army stubborn, I had no qulams with him.  You can take a chaplain to reroll the missed hits when you charge, and yes I said when you charge, but you already have so many attacks headed their way they shouldn't be able to stand up to them.

I will admit this is quite a few points, and I doubt I'd ever do it without filling out my troops first, and then only if I'd filled what was vital to the list. Remember, they deathstars can only kill one squad a turn normally unless you hit more than one squad.

So here's my Deathstar, and I actually do run it fairly often believe it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment